As we grow in age, our body produces less collagen and also breaks it down at a much slower rate. Due to this reduction of collagen in our body, we see a variation in our cheeks, jawline, around the mouth, and under the eyes. These changes can be altered using advanced dermal fillers that develop a more natural look. There is an assumption that dermal fillers only treat fine lines or wrinkles but they are much more helpful. When done by an experienced therapist, dermal fillers can add significant volume to the declined areas. There have been significant advancements in the field of aesthetics that has produced modern dermal fillers. But you have to choose a reliable aesthetic center for your treatment to end up with efficient and safe results.
What are Dermal Fillers?
They are gel-like elements that are inserted underneath the skin to treat many skin issues and enhance the facial structure. A significant percentage of people have opted for this facial transformation procedure. This is majorly due to their value for money benefits in looking younger without any surgery and downtime. Dermal fillers are mainly known to the world as a fine line or wrinkle line smoothers, they are used to treat many other issues. Some of the general problems treated by dermal fillers are:
- Evening out fine lines and wrinkles around mouth and nose.
- Establish lost volume around cheeks
- Restore the lip volume
- Even the wrinkles in the chin (chin crease)
- Enhance the facial structure
Do dermal fillers look natural?
- There are multiple types of FDA approved filler products in the market. But the majority of therapists prefer to use dermal fillers made of hyaluronic acid. This substance is developed naturally in the body and plays a major role in holding the skin structure. Hyaluronic acid maintains the skin hydrated by enticing the water molecules. It also functions naturally by promoting the production of collagen. Once a person ages and the body is not able to produce sufficient Hyaluronic acid, there will variations in the face with fine line, wrinkles, and loss of volume. As this substance is naturally present in the body, fillers generate natural-looking results.
- There are many formulae’s in the market to treat different types of issues. Many results have proven to be successful in treating crow’s feet, frown and eyebrow lines, wrinkles, or lip improvement. Many fillers include anesthetics to block pain through the treatment. This will negate the necessity of taking any external pain killers. Dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid provides natural and longer effects to enhance the skin appearance. Due to such benefits, therapists opt for using the fillers consisting of hyaluronic acid as an active ingredient. But it is necessary to go for follow up sessions as suggested by the therapist to constantly maintain the results.
Types of Hyaluronic acid fillers:
FDA approved Hyaluronic fillers include:
- Family of Juvéderm: Juvéderm XC, VOLUMA
- Restylane: Restylane, Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Refyne/Defyne
- Belotero Balance
These hyaluronic fillers must be chosen depending on the precise medical condition and area of treatment.
- During the initial visit, the dermatologist will precisely evaluate the problem in your skin. But you must also ensure to provide all the information about your medical history. Even though there are very few dangers associated with dermal fillers, this task is very crucial. Issues like skin allergies, specific health issues, or any current medications can interfere with the filler ingredients or negate the results. Even blood thinners that you take for any heart problems could increase the risk of bruising.
- Before the procedure, the area will be cleaned and the specialist may give a topical anesthetic. This is to numb the treatment site before injecting the filler. As many fillers contain a mild anesthetic, it will aid in reducing the pain during and after the procedure. They will inject a specific amount of filler carefully under the skin.
- The results are noticeable for the majority of patients immediately after the procedure. But this is dependent on specific skin conditions and treatment areas of that individual. There will be slight bruising and swelling which will go off after a few days from the treatment. You will be fine to return to the routine tasks instantly after the procedure but take the advice from your doctor. It is generally advised not to perform any strenuous activity for at least a day.
How long do dermal fillers last?
As hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body, these fillers last for around 9 months to 2 years on average. But it depends on each person’s absorption rate in the body. But there are other reasons like type and amount of fillers injected, size of the treated area, and depth of the fillers. Therefore, it is crucial to find a reliable and experienced aesthetic center for the treatment.
How to find a specialist?
It is important to pay all the attention in selecting the best service provider in the same manner as for a surgical treatment. Even though this is a less risky procedure it still needs some precise knowledge, experience, and ability to ensure a safe treatment. Negligence or lack of knowledge may lead to adverse effects in the treatment. The angle of giving the filler injections and exact penetrating depth will have a significant impact on the precise issues of any individual. Ensure to have a thorough discussion to know the qualification and experience in performing the filler treatment. Verify the proven results by looking at the before and after photos of the patients.
For all your treatments with dermal fillers in SLC, UT chose a trusted aesthetic center like Raw inside and Out. We ensure to analyze the specific issue, condition of the skin, type of volume loss and suggest the best filler procedure to address the issue. Such an approach will ensure long-lasting, effective, safe, and natural appearance.